This key role is responsible for Product Development and Systems Infrastructure.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
For the last 8 years, City Media has been leading Local Media online. We operate in 40+ Canadian Markets helping business leaders leverage the web to promote and grow their business.
We are seeking a team player that works well independently; you are a creative thinker and would love an opportunity to work on a large-scale platform. You think big and understand the importance of having a scalable infrastructure to support the vision. This is an exciting role for a candidate who is seeking to grow with an entrepreneurial firm.
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Manage the Product Development resources (internal and external).
- Write, test, debug, maintain, document, deploy and support enterprise software development as well as recommending enhancements to existing applications where new client requirements are identified.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on development strategies.
- Implement best practice quality assurance based on Software Life-cycle Development standards.
- Identify and mitigate project risks; resolve development issues and problems as an escalation point.
- Ensure the quality of our products meet the needs of the market.
- Plan and coordinate release management. Ensure that release schedules are met. Advise President of any potential deviations from the release schedule in a timely manner.
- Remain current with industry and technological advancements.
- Prepare reports (verbal/written) as required by the President.
- Ensure the systems infrastructure supports the business organization appropriately.
- Apply knowledge of software languages and web-based environment to recommend appropriate software environment and tools.
- Ensure maximum up-time and user access of operational systems.
- Ensure daily incremental and weekly backups of all servers are created.
- Ensure security of source code, proprietary information, and other assets of the company
- Coordinate services of ISP and website host.
Web Developer must have a degree in computer science, a diploma from a technical college or equivalent in work experience in a software business environment.
They must also be highly skilled in:
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies such as XML, ASP, HTML, PHP
- Familiarity with responsive designs and mobile frameworks
- Understanding of Social media and various applications
- Knowledge of WordPress and other CMS systems
- Able to work with MVC PHP frameworks (Laravel and Cake PHP)
- Database design (MySQL)
- Project Management
- Product life-cycle management
- Software release management
The incumbent must also demonstrate:
- Ability to have fun!
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Pro-active forward thinking
- Proven team building and motivating capabilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High level of integrity
- Professional conduct with both internal and external customers
- Extremely high energy and stamina with ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use analytical and problem solving skills